July 17, 2015
Our hair can be dry, have split ends and downright slow to grow. Making a natural hair mask with avocados, honey and coconut oil can do wonders for your damaged hair. The best part is, all of these ingredients can be found right in your kitchen!
This avocado hair mask recipe is great to use once per month to relive tresses of the daily damage that it incurs. If your hair is really asking for moisture, you could certainly do this mask every couple of weeks.
Avocado, Coconut Oil & Honey Hair Mask
Makes enough for thick, shoulder-length hair (double the ingredients for longer hair)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Put coconut oil in a small bowl, and fill a larger bowl with hot water. Place the small bowl into the larger bowl of hot water until oil is melted.
- Add honey to oil and stir until mixture is somewhat combined. If honey is still thick, place mixture in a bowl of hot water to further melt the oil.
- Mash avocado with a fork and mix with the honey and oil. Mix well and stir until smooth.
Don’t worry if there are still some small lumps of avocado.
- Make sure your hair is dry and detangled. Start with your ends, saturate your hair with the mask. Once the ends of the hair are covered, part hair in sections and work the mask on the scalp. Remember to coat your hairline as well.
- Smooth the mask over hair and pull up into a ponytail or bun.
- Cover with a shower cap. This will allow your natural body heat to activate the mask. The mask should stay on for about an hour.
- Now you’re ready to wash out the mask! Put a dime size amount of shampoo on hair and lather before adding any water. Oil and water don’t mix very well so this will save you a ton of time.
- Lather and shampoo your hair, add water and rinse. Repeat until all the oil has been removed. Follow with moisturizing conditioner.
- Style as usual and stand in the mirror a few extra minutes admiring your hair. Your hair looks good!